Custom designed Pittsburgh Marathon Medal display featuring the Pittsburgh City skyline laser cut from premium walnut & cherry wood. In the design we include the route, the start, 13 mile and Finish mile markers.
There are three pieces of information that are personalized on this medal holder.
- The name of the runner
- Runner’s run time
- The year and date are based on actual marathon year chosen
This medal holder includes hanging hardware to make installation a breeze.
Pittsburgh Marathon engraved on the top panel, while the other panels are laser cut individually.
Since the Pittsburgh Marathon medal varies year to year, we cut out a slot to allow the medal to hang from the front of the medal holder.
IMPORTANT: Please include the name of the runner, the marathon date and their time.
- Unique, rustic design
- All wood construction
- Hanging hardware
How It’s Made
- We first engrave the first sheet of premium walnut plywood
- Laser cut all of the parts out of two separate sheets
- All sheets are sanded down to a smooth clean surface
- The laser cut parts are carefully glued to the backing sheet
- Each layer is glued on top of the other
- The entire skyline is clamped down and glue is left to dry over night
- Upon cleanup, the hardware is attached and verified
- We then apply a coat polyurethane to bring out grain and protect
- Standard: 18″ x 7.25″ x 1/2″, 1 lbs
Looking for another unique medal holder? Let us know, we’re actively working on more cities to bring this awesome concept to all major marathons.
Love it! Great quality, customization process was easy. Detail is incredible!
Meghan C –