Custom designed Pittsburgh Marathon Medal display featuring the Pittsburgh City skyline laser cut from premium walnut & cherry wood. In the design we include the route, the start, 13 mile and Finish mile markers.
There are three pieces of information that are personalized on this medal holder.
- The name of the runner
- Runner’s run time
- The year and date are based on actual marathon year chosen
This medal holder includes hanging hardware to make installation a breeze.
Pittsburgh Marathon engraved on the top panel, while the other panels are laser cut individually.
Since the Pittsburgh Marathon medal varies year to year, we cut out a slot to allow the medal to hang from the front of the medal holder.
IMPORTANT: Please include the name of the runner, the marathon date and their time.
- Unique, rustic design
- All wood construction
- Hanging hardware
How It’s Made
- We first engrave the first sheet of premium walnut plywood
- Laser cut all of the parts out of two separate sheets
- All sheets are sanded down to a smooth clean surface
- The laser cut parts are carefully glued to the backing sheet
- Each layer is glued on top of the other
- The entire skyline is clamped down and glue is left to dry over night
- Upon cleanup, the hardware is attached and verified
- We then apply a coat polyurethane to bring out grain and protect
- Standard: 18″ x 7.25″ x 1/2″, 1 lbs
Looking for another unique medal holder? Let us know, we’re actively working on more cities to bring this awesome concept to all major marathons.