Surprise dad with a unique and functional gift he can use at home or in his office.
The revolver cylinder is modeled after a Ruger six-shot revolver cylinder. We split the model into two pieces, a 3D printed piece using silver colored PLA and the base using black walnut wood.
The heavy walnut base adds weight to the 3D printed part making it not only classy, but also sturdy.
The cylinder has six chambers and a hole in the middle that can be used to insert pencils, pens, markers and anything that will fit.
- Simple and elegant design
- Chambers are 18mm wide, accommodating most pens, markers and sharpies
- Rubber feet to prevent slippage
- Components in wood to add weight and sturdiness
- Walnut is sanded & finished with mineral oil
How it’s made
The base is carved out of a piece of walnut. The top portion of the cylinder is a 3D printed part made with PLA using on of our 3D printers.
Before we assemble, the walnut base is sanded down to ensure a smooth and clean surface. We also sand down the base of the plastic part so that when the two are glued together, we minimize any gaps.
Once glue is dry, we then apply two coats of mineral oil and wipe clean.
Lastly, we apply four rubber feet to prevent slipping.
- One wood piece (walnut) for base
- 3D printed cylinder in PLA at .2mm layer height
- Four self-adhesive rubber feet
Note: The Apple Pencil, sharpies and pens are not included.
3.4″ (h) x 2.75″ (diameter), 84g
This custom pencil holder and great gift for guys was designed in house.