Showcase your greatest achievement with a personalized Chicago Marathon medal display featuring the Chicago city skyline laser cut from walnut wood and a personalized route map of the Chicago Marathon.
The design features route markers from start to finish. Display ships with two sturdy sawtooth hangers and is ready to hang upon receipt.
The medal display offers the three following personalization options:
- Runner’s name:
- Bib Number (optional):
- Runner’s race time (optional):
Note: The race date will be based on the year selected during checkout.
If offered, Free Shipping Limited to Domestic US Addresses Only
Pictured design & medals is used as a reference only. Event medals vary year to year so we simplify the design and include a universal ribbon slot and enough space to hang the medal regardless of size or shape. We do offer medal holders with fitted slots for specific medals. If offered the option appears under the year list.
IMPORTANT: Please include the name of the runner, the marathon date and their time.
- Unique design to showcase a great achievement
- Crafted from premium walnut & cherry wood
- Includes hardware for easy installation
- Universal design to accommodate medals of all shapes & sizes
How It’s Made
Personalization & Assembly
- First update the design with the personalization details provided
- Then engrave the cherry backing and cut out the slot for the ribbon
- Laser cut the city skyline from premium walnut
- The walnut skyline is carefully glued to the cherry backing sheet & left overnight to cure
- Initial sanding of all walnut surfaces
- Apply first coat of finish and dry
- Second round of sanding
- Apply second coat of finish and dry
Final Inspection & Packaging
- Inspect unit and address any issues
- Add hanging hardware & branding
- Prepare shipping documentation & final inspection during packaging
Standard: 18″ x 7 1/2″ x 1/2″, 1 lbs
Looking for another unique medal holder? Let us know, we’re actively working on more cities to bring this awesome concept to all major marathons.